Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Patrick

Hi,
    i would like to know if it is possible to open a new Activity from an embedded URL in a PDF Document. For expample my Activity would be opened via “com.example.myApp://text”. Would this open my Activity or would PlugPDF handle this as an http Url and open this via Browser?

Thank you

#5581 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Patrick,

Yes, tap events can be handled! Look inside any of these classes: AnnotEventListener, FieldEventListener, or ReaderListener. You’ll find a callback method for handling a tap event.

If you want to change the operation of a Link Annotation set the AnnotEventListener on the annotation and override onTapUp(...)

Dr. Plug

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by  Dr. Plug.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  jordi.
    #5747 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for waiting. We added a new feature for opening PDF documents from a web URL. Have a look at the openUrl method in the ReaderView class.

Please download the updated version at http://plugpdf.com/sdkfile/PlugPDF_Android.zip

Happy holidays!

Dr. Plug

#9436 Reply

Fredy

There is some method in iOS that will allow you to do the same?

#9445 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Fredy,

Thank you for inquiry.

Actually there wasn’t a feature for opening PDF file using url in iOS.

But don’t worry we’ll make that feature for you. I think it takes 1 moths to make that feature.

So could you wait for a 1 months?

Best Regards,
    Dr.Plug

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Dr. Plug.
    #9577 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Fredy,

Thank you for the waiting.
    Actually we also made a feature for opening PDF file using a url.
    We’ll release a new version on Wednesday. So could you wait for a few days?
    After releasing a new version, I’ll let you know.

Best Regards,
    Dr.Plug

#11471 Reply

KR

Dear Doctor,
    I’ll tray to use relative hyperlinks like ‘../folder on root/page.html?Param1=value’, but due to that my plugPDF viewer crashes.
    I can add my own code for correct handling of this URL, however, plugPDF crashes just before my code starts. Is it possible to avoid crashes due to not understanded URL’s? Or is it possible to add code in such a way that code is executed before a potential crash?

#11475 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello KR,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Do you mean that you want to open html file by using URL?
    Please give us the detail about what you want.

Best regards,

Dr.Plug
    PlugPDF Support

#11559 Reply

KR

Dear Doctor,

I will Include in a (local stored) pdf file a hyperlink with content ‘./folder/page.html?Param1=value’.
    If the link is tapped in pdf browser app (based on SDK of PlugPDF), this must be recognized as relative hyperlink by the app;
    then ‘../’ must be replaced by (local) path of current pdf document,
    if path is local this results is: ‘file:///LocalPathPDF/folder/page.html?Param1=value’,
    then this result is activated as hyperlink and handled by android as usual: it opens a web browser presenting the linked target.
    Not all web browsers can handle this type local URL’s, but for example Firefox can.

#11575 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello KR,

Thank you for your patience and cooperations.
    We are pleased to let you know that the issue you reported is already been fixed.
    Please, download the PlugPDF SDK at the https://plugpdf.com/sdkfile/PlugPDF_Android_temp.zip

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Dr.Plug
    PlugPDF Support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
Reply To: URL Handling to open Android Activity
Your information: