Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Viktor

Hi

We’ve noticed a bug with editing note annotations.
    STR:
    – Open any pdf document, create an annotation with note and type some text in it
    – Close the popover and hide the navigation bar by tapping anywhere in the document
    – Long tap on the annotation and select edit option in the appeared menu
    Expected behaviour:
    Editing popover is opened and pinned to the correspondent navigation bar button item (which was used to create the annotation at first place)
    Actual behaviour:
    Editing popover is opened and pinned to the top left corner, navigation bar is not shown
    If the navigation bar is present but not showing the annotation menu the popover also appears at the top left corner

The only way to get it right is to open annotation menu in navigation bar and only after that start editing the annotation.

I’m not sure if this bug is already mentioned but we see it in the current demo sample as well:
    When navigation bar is hidden
    Navigation bar is shown but anotation menu is not opened
    Navigation bar is shown, annotation menu is opened. (The  way when it works)

Could you guys please take a look at it? It worked fine in old versions but somehow is broken in the current one.

#11219 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello, Viktor

Thank you for the inquiry and lots of explanation.
    But unfortunately, we couldn’t reproduce the same problem that you said.
    So could you download the latest version?
    This is the download link of new version. https://plugpdf.com/thank-you/
    If you have a still problem after downloading a new version, Please contact us.

Best Regards,
    Dr.Plug

#11223 Reply

Viktor

Hi Dr.Plug,

Yes, I still see the issue in the latest version. Could you please check sample project called CustomizingPlugPDFDocumentViewController. It’s distributed along with the SDK from the link you provided. I see this issue on iPad simulator (iOS 8.1 and 9.2) and iPad mini (iOS 9.0.2) as well.

Thanks,
    Viktor.

#11226 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello, Viktor

We followed your step. But we couldn’t reproduce that problem.
    Could you see that screenshot that we follow?
    1,2 making a note
    screen shot1
    scrteen shot2
    3. removing a navigation bar.
    screen shot3
    4. longpress a note annotation
    screen shor4

Best Regards
    Dr.Plug

#11227 Reply

Viktor

Hi Dr.Plug,

Could you please check what happens after you select edit action from the menu in the 4th step? Because it is when I actually see the issue with editing popover (which contains text fields and appears at the top of the screen). I think I didn’t describe it well at the first place, could you please see the screenshot of how it looks on my side:

Thanks,
    Viktor.

#11230 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello, Viktor

Thank you for your kind explanation.
    We could reproduce the same problem you said.
    So we’ll fix that problem as soon as possible. So Could you wait for a few days?
    After fixing it, I’ll let you know.

Best Regards,
    Dr.Plug

#11231 Reply

Viktor

Hi Dr.Plug,

Sure. Thanks for looking at it.

WBR,
    Viktor.

#11239 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello, Viktor

Thank you for the waiting.
    We fixed the problem that you said.
    When you edit a note annotation which is already created, popover will created near by the note annotation’s locaction. (screen shot 1)
    screen shot
    This is a download link of new version.
    https://plugpdf.com/sdkfile/PlugPDF_iOS_temp.zip

Best Regards,
    Dr.Plug

#11241 Reply

Viktor

Hi Dr. Plug,

Thank you for quick response. We’ve tried new version and it fixed the issue.
    However we noticed another one. In some cases the editing popover is overlapped by the keyboard:

Is it possible to do something with that? I guess change the popover to be shown from the top and not from the bottom. Though I’m not sure that it’ll help if the annotation is too close to the bottom of the screen.

Also we noticed another thing: sometimes it’s very hard to invoke the keyboard for the editing popover. It simply doesn’t respond to touch in both title and contents fields. I already saw a post on this forum describing this issue and thought it was fixed. Could it be that it’s reappearing again?

Best Regards,
    Viktor.

#11247 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello, Viktor

Thank you for the feedback.
    We found the same problem that you said. So we’ll fix that problem as soon as possible.
    So could you wait for a few days? After fixing it, We’ll let you know.

Best Regards,
    Dr.Plug

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Note annotation editing issue
Your information: