Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    #6588 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for trying out our PlugPDF SDK. Please follow the link below, for our Android Getting Started Video tutorial:
    https://plugpdf.com/tutorial_a/

Will the link above help you? If you have any further specific questions, please let us know and we are happy to help.

Cheers,

Dr. Plug

#6597 Reply

Dr. Plug

Oh sorry Dennis,

You have used android studio? Then I was mistaken. You can import our SDK in the Android Studio such as below.

1) Prepare a project to import library.
    2) Open Project Structure of the your project. you can open it by F4, or right click project and select ‘Open Module Settings’.
    3) Click ‘+’ button on left (Alt+Insert), select ‘Import Existing Project’, and write our PlugPDF directory.
    4) Choose ‘Dependencies’ tap, click ‘+’ button on right, and select ‘:plugpdf’.
    Done

Or you can import only library files (.so, .jar files).

1) Copy our 7 .jar files in the ‘PlugPDF/libs’.
    2) Move your project directory. (default is ‘users/AndroidstudioProjects/{ApplicationName}/{ProjectName}. you can see this path by right click project and select ‘Show in Explorer’.)
    3) Create directory ‘libs’ and paste 7 .jar files into there.
    4) Copy our 4 directories (armeabi, armeabi-v7a, mips, x86) in the ‘PlugPDF/libs’.
    5) Move your project directory and go to ‘src/main’.
    6) Create directory ‘jniLibs’ and paste 4 directories into there.
    7) Add below lines your build.gradle.

dependencies {
    compile fileTree(include: [‘*.jar’], dir: ‘libs’)
    compile files(‘libs/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar’)
    compile files(‘libs/libGoogleAnalytics.jar’)
    compile files(‘libs/LogdogClient.jar’)
    compile files(‘libs/microlog4android-1.0.0.jar’)
    compile files(‘libs/page-curl-effect.jar’)
    compile files(‘libs/plugpdfcore.jar’)
    compile files(‘libs/simple-xml-2.6.7.jar’)
    }

You can choose one method of the two.

Cheers,
    Dr.Plug

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Dr. Plug.
    #6605 Reply

Dennis

Thanks, I figured that the eclipse solution also worked somehow. Another question: Is it somehow possible to remove the options menu (rotation lock, brightness etc.)? I just need a simple document viewer in my app, without any extra features.

#6606 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Dennis,

Do not you need toolbar? Then, you can remove our layout such as https://plugpdf.com/how-to-customize-navigation-tool-bars-on-android/.
    But, In your case do not need much. You just attach the ReaderView on your layout such as below,

Thanks,
    Dr.Plug

#6608 Reply

Dennis

Thank you! One last question…
    After implementing the normal simpleviewer in my main activity, the navigation drawer isn’t working anymore. (Plugpdf is initialized after the navigationdrawer setup)
    Why is that?

#6610 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Dennis,

Did you use ReaderView? ReaderView has not any controller. I thought your any extra feature is all controller(top toolbar, bottom slidebar.) If you want only exclude top bar, you can exclude it by call ‘mTopBarSwitcher.setVisibility(GONE)’ in the ‘init’ method and block ‘hideTopMenu’, ‘show’ method in the ‘SimpleReaderControlView’,

Thanks,
    Dr.Plug

#6631 Reply

Dennis

No, I think you didn’t understand…
    I have a navigationdrawer fragment in my mainactivity. When I implement the code:

above my implementation of the navigationdrawer fragment, It disappears (the button is there, but if I press it, nothing happens). Below the same. What part of the simpleviewer do I need to remove so the navigationdrawer will work again? Maybe I have to create a fragment for the pdf viewer?

#6634 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Dennis,

I have understood now. It problem seems to be due to call ‘setContentView’ after opening the document in our PlugPDF Project. So, please try to setup navigation drawer after open the document.

Best Regards,
    Dr.Plug

#6653 Reply

Dennis

Thank you for the answer. Another question, is it possible with your sdk to extract metadata from a pdf file? (The date of the last change or creation of the document to be exact)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Importing plugpdf into Android Studio
Your information: