Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Alex Black

Hi, in some cases PlugPDF is failing to open my PDF. What is preventing it from opening the PDF? (its not clear from the error). Thanks!

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Failed to open /storage/emulated/0/WOInvoice/invoice/INV0001.pdf
    at com.epapyrus.plugpdf.core.PDFDocument.<init>(PDFDocument.java:98)
    at com.aadhk.woinvoice.util.RenderPdfTask.doInBackground(RenderPdfTask.java:67)
                at com.aadhk.woinvoice.util.RenderPdfTask.doInBackground(RenderPdfTask.java:20)
                at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:292)
                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

#9401 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your inquiry. I can’t neither find a problem to using your log. So could you give us a PDF the problem has?

Best Regards,
    Dr. Plug

#9407 Reply

Alex Black

Hi, this happened to a customer of mine, I don’t have the PDF. Could you perhaps change the exception to include some useful informatIon?

#9425 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry but that we can’t expect. Because it error is occurred almost when failed opening by damaged file. But I’ll try for representing the more meaningful log as you said.

Thank you,
    Dr. Plug

#9438 Reply

Alex Black

I don’t understand. What prevents you including the problem in the exception? Thats a common practice, to indicate the problem.

This is happening to my users, when opening a PDF generated by my app. I’m confident the PDF is ok, its the same PDF my app always generates.

Details on the exception: http://crashes.to/s/276f47f3e2c

(Also I still don’t get notifications when you respond to the forum, meaning I have to keep checking back wasting my time, or I forget)

#9439 Reply

Alex Black

I’ve also seen this exception when PlugPDF has not been initialized… so there are at least 2 completely different reasons for this 1 exception. (Lack of initialization, damaged PDF), likely there are others too.

Like: The file does not exist, permission issue accessing the file. so now we have 4. how many more I wonder.

#9453 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your detail explain and sorry for your inconvenience. First forum, unfortunately, there is no feature about notification. But we have support with mail via ‘support@plugpdf.com’. Actually you can the more fast received the reply.

And about exception, you are right. Then I’ll add error log (file not found, can not access, damaged file) as you said at today. After release, I’ll inform to you again.

Thank you,
    Dr. Plug

#9454 Reply

Alex Black

Great! What about “PlugPDF not initialized”? Also, there must be other cases too that I’ve missed, right?

#9460 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello Alex,

I’m so sorry for late answering.

Actually we already fixed that problem and released,

So could you check it? This is download link of Our SDK.

https://plugpdf.com/sdkfile/PlugPDF_Android.zip

Thank you,
    Dr.Plug

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Dr. Plug.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Failed to open
Your information: