Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

benjamin

Hi there,
    We are currently developing an app for displaying magazines and ebooks for android and consider using plugpdf as PDF framework.

In topic https://plugpdf.com/forum/topic/ios-customize-menutoolbar-buttons/ a new mode name PlugPDFDocumentDisplayModeEBookCover was introduced for iOS, where the double pages in landscape mode start from page 2 instead of page 1, so that the title page is displayed on its own.
    Will this mode be available for Android any time soon?
    I know the BILATERAL_REALISTIC mode already does that layout, but the page curl effect does not perform well on all devices.

Also, when the viewer is rotated in realistic mode, it loses its current page and goes back to page 1, even when enableUseRecentPage is set. One can workaround that by setting the last used page on DisplayEventListener.allTaskCompleted, but then the first page is always shown for short time when rotating.

#9583 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello benjamin,

Thank you for your question. Here are my two doubts about it.

1. You said that the page curl effect doesn’t perform well on all devices. Could you please explain this in more detail?

2. Which display mode are you using: BILATERAL_REALISTIC or REALISTIC? Is there any crash when rotating the device in BILATERAL_REALISTIC mode?

Regards,

Dr.Plug

#9585 Reply

benjamin

Hello, thanks for your fast answer.

1) when paging fast in large pdfs on older tablets the curl effect is not always displayed and seems to decrease paging speed.
    Also in BILATERAL_REALISTIC mode the forward curl animation is sometimes not animated until the tap is released. The backwards curling works well.

2) I tried BILATERAL_REALISTIC mode and yes I indeed encoutered an exception when rotating the device. I have solved that error by extending ReaderView and catching the exception.

#9591 Reply

Dr. Plug

Thank you for your nice feedback.
    Please wait a few days for us to fix those bugs as soon as possible.

#9612 Reply

Dr. Plug

We are fixing an issue regarding the SDK core, please be patient.

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Dr. Plug.
    #9642 Reply

Dr. Plug

Hello benjamin,

There’s a new PlugPDF release with the BILATERAL_REALISTIC issue already fixed.

Please check it and let us know if everything is ok.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Android ebook layout mode
Your information: